Have you ever wondered how romance writers prefer to be romanced? Sofia Grey is here to shine a light on this mystery, and to introduce us to her latest, His Temporary Fix.
How to Romance a Romance Writer?
A simple how-to guide.
Romance writers are a special breed of people. Wooing them takes time and effort, and some insider knowledge. Here are my tips J
- Don’t bother with flowers. They take time and effort to find a vase, to cut the stems, top up with water etc. The cats will nibble the petals and scatter pollen, and try to knock the vase over. Chocolates are fine though. Bring chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
- Don’t bother with dinner reservations. If we’re part way through edits, or up against the clock to finish a manuscript, the last thing we want to do is tear ourselves away from our laptops just for food. Even fancy food. Instead, fetch a takeaway, one that we can eat one-handed without splashing on the keyboard. Fried rice is perfect.
- Same with movie tickets. A boxed set of DVDs is fine though. When we need a break from the laptop, it’s cool to curl up on the sofa in the wee hours of the morning for a 24 / Supernatural / Breaking Bad marathon.
- Coffee is brilliant. Fetch me regular coffee when I’m in the middle of a project, and I’ll be happy. Bring me wine too, and I’ll be very impressed.
- Going out at the weekend is a giant No. That’s our main time for pounding the keyboard. If you want my heart, mow my lawn instead, and fix that awkward cupboard door, the one I never have time to sort out.
Do you write? Do you agree with my list?
His Temporary Fix
Publisher: Entangled Select
Genre: Contemp military romance
Holly Jacobs loses her heart a little too easily. Never again. But when she meets the sexy soldier on the beach, Holly knows she’s in big trouble. Zack Winter is gorgeous and in pain, and when he kisses Holly, all of her resolve melts away…
Zack is on short-term leave to attend a funeral, and he’s walking a fine line. The loss is unbearable…and he’ll do whatever it takes to distract himself from it. Especially if it means a night of searingly-hot sex with Holly Jacobs. Only his brilliant idea isn’t exactly going according to plan.
One night isn’t nearly enough. But if it goes much longer it might end in broken hearts…
Trailer link: https://youtu.be/8zdmj4Xf_zg
For more about the Love at the Beach series, check out the series website: https://loveatthebeach.wordpress.com/
Read the first chapter here: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/his-temporary-fix/
Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.