Hello, my name is Rosanna and I’m addicted to…
Oh, wait. That’s another group. Oops.
Welcome to the “Hello, My Name Is…Giveaway Hop,” hosted by the awesome Anna at Herding Cats and Burning Soup.
We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways and by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all! (Linky list at bottom, or link back to Herding Cats and Burning Soup). You can also follow the #Hello2016 hashtag.
The idea behind this post is to share a few quirky facts about me and/or my blog. I sometimes think my entire existence is quirky but I digress.
Of course, we are also doing giveaways. My personal giveaway is a copy of Predator’s Trinity, Gemini Island Shifters 6, one of my recent releases. You’ll find a blurb and excerpt below.
Rosanna’s List of Quirky Facts:
- My husband is a great cook in his spare time. He treated himself to a shiny KitchenAid mixer this holiday and hasn’t stopped baking. I call the mixer “the other woman,” because he strokes it and gazes at it and plays with all its buttons. I complain he pays more attention to it than to me. If anyone finds a KitchenAid mixer at the bottom of the lake one day, encased in cement, you’ll know who was at fault.
- Until the moment I became addicted to The Walking Dead, I harbored an illogical terror of zombies. Crazy, right? After all, they can’t exist. That didn’t stop me from having intense night terrors about them. Rick Grimes changed all that.
- Being a former classical singer, I had many experiences in music theater and classical music. One of my favorite roles was Rapunzel in “Into The Woods.” Yes, that’s me as the tortured Rapunzel at bottom, wearing the biggest blond wig in existence. And no, blonde does not look good on me.
- I have a younger brother. He’s five years younger than I am. When we were kids, he used to be afraid of my Barbie dolls. In particular, my Farrah Fawcett doll used to terrify him. So, as any self-respecting big sister would do, I used to taunt him with it. The scariest moment for him was when I tore the head off and threw it at him. He ran away, screaming. Sorry, Serge.
- How do I choose names for my book characters? For the most part, a name will just occur to me. However, I have kept lists of character names that I first wrote down when I was about 12. Most of these names are quite flowery and I wouldn’t use them now, but one of two characters have actually originated from that old list. (The list pictured below is not mine. I’m not THAT old!)
So there you have it, folks. All my quirky goodness. Well, perhaps I’ve kept one or two wacky facts to myself. We’ll need to get to know each other better before I reveal the juicy stuff!
Please enjoy the following excerpt from Predator’s Trinity. In order to win, please post a comment with a quirky fact about yourself. At the end of the hop, I will choose one winner based on the answer I like best.
Librarian Suzan Marsh is an empath and has always felt assaulted by the feelings of others. She has had to distance herself from the people in her life, raising a mental barrier to ward off unwanted emotions. When wolf shifter August Crane abducts her, he breaks through the walls she constructed, forcing her to accept a frightening new truth.
Jaguar shifter twins Percy and Byron Moon are familiar with the evil ways of August Crane. Because of him, their childhood was destroyed. Because of him, their way of life at the peaceful Ursa Fishing Lodge and Resort is threatened. And they won’t rest until he is dead.
When Crane drags Suzan into his cult and decides to make her his “concubine,” Percy and Byron know they must save the human woman. Their connection to her is strong and they cannot deny the dream they always held close. That they could share a woman and make her their mate.
But even after rescuing Suzan, none of them are free from Crane’s clutches. The wolf shifter has plans, ones that involve the demise of every shape shifter at the Ursa Resort. Not only must Percy and Byron keep Suzan safe, they must convince her to accept them both. In order to stop Crane from hurting everyone they love, they must learn to fight together.
After her shower, she toweled off and dressed in the clothes provided, choosing a pretty green V-neck T-shirt to accompany the jeans. Everything fit perfectly, from underwear to outerwear, as if the Moons had already known her. It boggled her mind, but she couldn’t lose the sensation they were connected by more than just circumstance. Her instincts never lied. After slipping into a pair of soft white socks, she made her way toward the kitchen.
She heard Byron and Percy before she saw them and stopped to catch an excited breath. When she heard what they said, she paused a moment longer.
“How’s your jaguar holding up?” Byron asked his brother.
She knew it was Byron. Despite them being identical twins, there were slight differences in their voices. Byron’s was the smoother voice. Percy’s had the odd touch of sexy gravel.
“My dumb cat,” replied Percy on a near growl, “was up all night long. He keeps pawing at me, trying to get to her.”
Her? As the burn of jealousy sizzled in Suzan’s gut, she gnawed on her bottom lip in a futile attempt to quell it. Maybe Percy had a girlfriend and he was dying to see her. Maybe he couldn’t wait to escape the cabin so he could meet up with this woman and, well, let his jaguar loose.
“Yeah,” Byron said. “My cat’s in agony, too. I think my ribs are black and blue inside, it pounds them so much.”
Oh, great. She wasn’t sure why this information astounded her. Of course men like them would have girlfriends. Hell, they might have mates. She hadn’t bothered to ask, had she? She’d already heard the mate bond was a powerful thing, that it would drive any shifter to distraction, both sexually and emotionally. Why had she been naïve enough to think these men might be single? She knew enough to know the good ones were always taken.
She’d been so stupid to think they had a bond. Bullshit. Clearly, her empathic tendencies had let her down for the first time.
“I can’t believe how quickly my jag … recognized Suzi,” said Percy.
Oh. Last she heard, she was the only Suzi around here.
Byron grunted. “I feel the same way. I’ve never felt like this. My head’s not working properly. Fuck, I couldn’t even hold a bowl of eggs without losing it. Percy, we need to discuss things. Seriously.”
“If Suzi is the one we’re meant to share, we can’t afford to make any wrong moves, especially with Crane in the picture. We need to support her and not let our egos get in the way.”
If Suzi is the one we’re meant to share…
Liquid Silver Books : http://www.lsbooks.com/predator-s-trinity-p1046.php
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25670112-predator-s-trinity